Finding a good baby swing is hard enough. And finding the best baby swing for small spaces may seem even more of an impossible task but fear not. We have assembled a list of the best baby swings for apartments and tight spaces that are compact, easy to store, and, most importantly, keep your baby comfy.
Before we dive in, let’s get a few things out of the way.
What is a baby swing?
Baby swings are mechanically powered chairs that swing in a variety of patterns. Some swing side-to-side, other front-to-back, and some can do the combination of the two and then some. They are usually equipped with other features such as vibration, lullabies, interactive toys, mobiles, and so on.
Some swings are also travel-friendly, where their lightweight compact design allows you to fold them and take them with you to other locations.
Things to consider
Some parents may be surprised to hear that babies are not supposed to sleep in a baby swing or any seating device (except for a car seat) for that matter. And since your baby’s safety is the most important thing, let’s talk about why exactly it is dangerous to let your baby fall asleep in a baby swing.
The calming motions of the swing can put your baby to sleep, yes. But when sitting in a semi-upright position there is a risk of a baby’s head falling to their chin and resulting in asphyxiation.
There are other safety risks that you can learn about here but the most important thing is that parents need to constantly keep an eye on their babies. Properly set up the swing, use the safety straps correctly, keep an eye out for the weight limit, and regularly check the frame and the swing for loose parts.
And if your newborn falls asleep in the swing make sure to transfer him or her onto a firm flat sleep surface.
Now that we have discussed this, let’s find you the best baby swing for small spaces.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link like that, I’ll earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) to feed the bottomless pit that is my cat.
Graco, Soothe My Way Swing with Removable Rocker
The versatility and the sheer amount of options on Graco Soothe My Way make it one of the best baby swings for small spaces.
In terms of size, it takes up approximately the same amount of space as your typical side table (28 x 25.5 x 35 inches). It features a large comfy seat with head support and machine washable fabric.
Now, as for functionality, you are in for a treat. It can move in 2 directions – side to side and up and down. Combine that with 8 moving options (swaying, zigzag, figure 8, arch, and more) and you have yourself 16 soothing options for the baby.
Not only that, but the baby swing also has two vibration settings and 15 songs and sounds. On top of all that, Graco Soothe My Way is also equipped with 6 swinging speed settings.
Yes, it has tons of options that can help soothe your baby. But it also has a 5-point harness for safety and 3 recline positions to help soothe your little one in the best way possible.
What makes it a true space saver is that it doubles as a rocker. Yes, you can remove the top half of the seat that acts as a rocker around the house.
- measures 28 x 25.5 x 35 inches
- 16 soothing motions
- 6 swinging speeds
- functions via an AC adapter with a 1-D battery required for vibrations
- multipurpose design (a swing and a rocker)
- 10 melodies and 5 nature sounds
- 5-point harness
- the swing is suitable for infants from 5.5 to 25 lbs while the rocker is suitable for infants from 5.5 to 18 lbs (or until the baby tries to sit up)
- features a toy bar with 2 soft toys to entertain your baby
- 3 recline positions
- head support and machine washable fabric
Munchkin Lightweight Bluetooth Baby Swing
This is not only one of the best baby swings for small spaces, it is also quite a look. This entry from Munchkin is a worthy competitor of other high-tech baby swings but it can also fold flat in seconds. So let’s take a look at what it has to offer.
It mimics a parent’s natural rocking motion by swinging the baby from side to side at 5 speeds. In addition to that, the swing can play 8 ambient sounds and 4 pieces of classical music from its built-in library. But you can also connect it to your phone through Bluetooth to play your own music. The volume, along with the speed, and timer setting can be adjusted via the remote or touchscreen at the base of the swing.
What truly makes it the best baby swing for small spaces is the fact that it weighs less than 9 pounds, the lightest on this list. And you can fold it for easy storage in just a few seconds. So not only it takes up little to no space, but it is also portable and storage-friendly.
- measures 23.6 x 23.6 x 15 inches
- weighs less than 9 lbs
- folds for easy storage
- powered by an AC adapter
- swinging motion from side to side
- 5 swinging speeds
- 8 ambient sounds and 4 melodies
- Bluetooth connectivity
- touchscreen and remote-controlled
- machine-washable and reversible seat pad and head support
- suitable for babies weighing between 5-20 lbs who can’t sit up or climb out of the swing unassisted
4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing
This baby swing is on a more luxurious side. But it brings a lot to the table to prove its worth.
4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing is intent on closely mimicking a parent’s movement when trying to calm down a baby. The 5 unique motions the swing has to offer look incredibly smooth and fluid. It basically eliminates some of the jankiness you might witness in other swings.
The swing is also equipped with 4 built-in sounds that can help calm a fussy baby. It is a rather small library, but it also comes with an added feature of MP3 player connectivity. So you can play your own nature sounds and melodies to keep your baby content.
The seat has multiple recline positions to the point where the baby can completely lay back. As for safety, the seat is surrounded by wide outer walls and has a three-point harness in place.
Now, this swing also has Bluetooth connectivity. With it, you can change the swinging motion, adjust speed settings, take care of music and volume control.
Overall, this is a top-tier swing that’s not only space-saving but also offers one of the smoothest rides on the baby swing market.
- measures 33 x 19.5 x 25.5 inches
- 5 unique motions
- MP3 player connectivity & 4 built-in sounds
- volume control
- 3-point harness
- equipped with 3 reversible soft toys (mirror, rattle, and crinkle ball)
- adjustable recline positions
- smooth adjustment of speed
- no batteries required; the swing operates via an AC adaptor plus
- suitable for infants until the baby grows to weigh 25 lbs or can sit up without assistance
- the seat is lined with machine-washable fabric that is fit for tumble drying
Fisher-Price Deluxe Take-Along Swing & Seat
This one is an incredible space-saving baby swing that actually folds flat for easy storage. So it’s not only the best portable baby swing for small spaces, but it is also a multipurpose gadget that’ll keep your baby content.
The Fisher-Price Deluxe Take-Along Swing & Seat has many has no shortage of advantages. It is a compact foldable baby swing for small spaces. It can also double as a stationary baby seat.
As for how good it can actually swing, it can swing back and forth with 6 speed settings. It actually detects the baby’s weight and adjusts the swing speed from the get-go. So it won’t slow down when the baby grows.
If you’re looking for the best baby swing on a budget that will also save your small space from feeling cramped, this is it. It is compact, foldable, easy to store, won’t break the bank, and will do a good job of soothing your little one.
- measures 19.84 x 25.39 x 25.04 inches;
- 6 swing speeds and vibrations available;
- 4 C batteries required;
- 10 built-in songs and sounds with volume control;
- the toy bar has 2 soft toys for baby entertainment;
- 20-pound weight limit;
- five-point harness;
- the swing folds flat for easy storage and travel.
Ingenuity ConvertMe Swing-2-Seat Battery-Saving Portable Baby Swing
This is another great baby swing for small spaces. It is a swing and seat combo that folds flat for easy storage in one smooth motion.
This entry from Ingenuity is the best baby swing for small spaces for those who want a budget-friendly yet quality solution to their fussy little human problem.
The smooth swinging motion with 5 different speeds can help soothe your little one. To make it even more efficient, the Swing-2-Seat features a quiet motor and tons of music options, 12 melodies and 4 nature sounds to be exact.
To keep your baby entertained on the go, the swing is outfitted with a battery slot and an easily foldable design. You can migrate with your baby from room to room without worrying about cables. The same goes for those who need to travel with their baby – you can quickly set up this portable swing anywhere.
- measures 22 x 23.5 x 23 inches
- converts into a baby seat
- 12 melodies and 4 nature sounds
- easy-to-clean removable seat pad and headrest
- rotating toy bar with a plush elephant toy
- 2-in-1 travel- and storage-friendly design
- 5 swing speeds and a for a back and forth motion
- safety harness
- suitable for infants up to 9 months (or until the baby reaches 19 lbs)
Graco Simple Sway Swing
This is the best baby swing for small spaces as it takes up little to no space while bringing the same kind of functionality to the table as other baby swings.
This swing keeps the baby at approximately the level of a low couch seat. Even though it’s a compact baby swing, it manages to rock the baby from side to side in a gentle and soothing way.
To find the right pace for your little one, you can choose one of the 6 swinging speeds available on it. What’s more, this swing for small spaces has 2-speed vibration options.
Apart from the side-to-side motion and vibration, Graco Simple Sway baby swing is equipped with 15 music tracks, including 10 melodies and 5 soothing sounds.
As for comfort, this baby swing features a deep plush seat with removable head support.
What also makes this the best baby swing for small spaces is that you can choose how you power it. You can either rely on battery life to be able to carry it around or plug it in with a removable power cord.
- measures 30 x 31 x 38 inches
- 5 point harness & removable headrest
- 6 swing speeds & 2 vibration options
- 15 sounds and melodies with volume control and automatic shut-off after 1 hour
- suitable for newborns weighing over 5 lbs
- weight limit of 30 lbs
- rotating mobile with 3 soft toys
- vibration requires batteries
- removable and machine-washable seat pad
Ingenuity Swing ‘n Go Portable Baby Swing
What makes for the best baby swing for small spaces? The ability to fold, store, and transport it. And the fact that Ingenuity’s Swing ‘n Go Portable Baby Swing is really tiny helps too.
However, don’t let its small size fool you. This is a fully functional baby swing that is ideal for a small room. It has five swing speeds, three timer options, and an extra quiet motor. All it needs is a small push after being powered up.
It can also play 8 melodies and 3 nature sounds to soothe your infant. The feature, of course, comes with volume control.
The baby swing is powered by batteries. However, there’s a twist. This baby swing for small spaces features a HyperDrive technology that can make “batteries last up to 3 times longer”. Which is a really handy feature to have in a portable swing such as this one.
- measures 6.8 x 14.5 x 22.2 inches;
- space-saver design with SlimFold technology allows you to quickly fold the swing and carry it in one hand
- lightweight and easy to store
- 8 melodies and 3 nature sounds
- five-point harness
- powered by batteries
- HyperDrive technology extends the baby swing’s battery life
- 5 swing speed options
- 3 timer settings with 30, 45, and 60-minute options
- removable toy bar with two cute soft toys
- removable head support and seat pad for easy cleaning
- space-saving baby swing for newborns (over 6 lbs) and babies below the 20 lbs weight recommendation
Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing
One of the best baby swings for small spaces, Fischer-Price Cradle ‘n Swing makes up for its slightly bulkier frame with its robust functionality.
While it may look quite big, looks can be deceiving as this compact baby swing measures only 12.4 x 14.5 x 29.87 inches. And my, does it bring a lot of ways to soothe and/or entertain your baby to the table.
It has two swinging options – side-to-side like in a cradle or head-to-toe (or front-to-back if you will). You just need to smoothly rotate the baby’s seat to the side and this new position will change the direction of the swinging.
The swing settings also allow you to adjust the speed of the swinging motion to suit your baby’s mood. In fact, the swing senses your baby’s weight and will adjust the speed as your small baby grows to a not-so-small baby with age.
The seat is made of soft extra-plush material with bunny ears head support. And while your baby sits all cozy in that extra-plush seat you can play music for your newborn from the selection of 16 songs and nature sounds. An overhead mobile can turn along with the lullaby to encourage eye-tracking and soothe your child to sleep.
This is also the best baby swing in terms of versatility since you can either keep it running on batteries to carry it around the apartment or plug it in via an AC adapter to save money.
- measures 12.4 x 14.5 x 29.87 inches
- machine-washable seat pad and head support
- front-to-back and side-to-side swinging
- two recline positions
- operates on batteries or AC plug adapter
- motorized mobile with a mirror and plush toys
- 6 swing speed options
- 16 soothing music tracks and soothing sounds
- easy to convert positions
- safety harness
- starts without a push
- suitable for newborns to 25 lbs babies
Graco Duet Glide Gliding Swing with Portable Rocker
We’re all about multipurpose furniture here at Tiny Partments, and that includes baby swings. Graco Duet Glide is one of the best baby swings for small spaces that also doubles as a rocker. As a rocker, it is not only portable but is also less tiring to carry thanks to conveniently placed handles.
As for how it holds up as a baby swing, it can soothe your baby via 4 unique motions. It can swing and glide side-to-side or front-and-back. Add to that 2 vibration speeds and you’ve got plenty of options to match your baby’s mood best.
It also features a library of melodies and sounds in addition to the vibration emanating a soothing white noise. Add to that a 3-point harness and 3 reclining positions to choose from and you’ve got yourself one of the best baby swings on the market.
- measures 17.75 x 11.5 x 24 inches
- doubles as a rocker
- looks like a traditional compact crib
- 4 unique soothing motions
- adjustable swing speed
- 2-speed vibration
- 15 songs and sounds
- removable toy bar
- 3-point harness
- 3 position recline
- suitable for babies weighing from 5.5 to 25 lb and up to 30 inches tall in swing mode; from 5.5 to 18 lb and up to 27 inches tall in rocker mode
Fisher-Price On-the-Go Swing
Browsing through travel swings is also a great way to find the best baby swing for small spaces. They tend to be lightweight, collapsible, and easy to store.
Fisher-Price On-the-Go is just that. This baby swing is one of the best to have around if you tend to travel or if you need to frequently carry it around. It weighs less than 11 pounds, collapses into a neat easy-to-carry bundle, and requires no cords whatsoever.
The swing performs quiet front-to-back swinging motions at one of 6 optional speeds. Your infant can drift off to sleep to the sound of music from the built-in library. And if that isn’t enough, this space-saver of a swing can also vibrate.
Another interesting feature is that the swing comes with a canopy that provides UPF 20 sun protection for the infant. This allows you to use the swing outdoors as well. And the fact that it is battery-operated means that you can put this compact baby swing to work anywhere with a flat surface.
- measures 27.17 x 26.38 x 29.92 inches
- the swing weighs only 11 lbs, nearly half of some on this list
- collapses flat for easy storage
- ergonomic handle allows for comfortable transport
- retractable canopy with a UPF 20 sun protection
- battery-operated design
- 6 swinging speeds
- vibration and lullabies available
- 5-point safety harness
- use until the baby reaches the 25 lbs weight cap or tries to climb out of the swing
Nova Motorized Portable Swing
If you are looking for baby swings that can be taken out outdoors without any discomfort for your infant, take a look at this one.
Nova motorized swing is a bit more high-tech than some traditional baby swings. It has a more sleek design that sits on top of a motorized base that can rock the seat from side to side. Thanks to its compact design it doesn’t take up much space on the room floor.
To improve your baby’s mood, apart from soothing motions, the swing has 10 preset lullabies. But more than that, it has Bluetooth and USB connectivity. So you can play your baby’s favorite music, songs, and white noise.
You can power the swing through an AC plug. But you can also outfit it with a set of batteries to take out your baby outside for a breath of fresh air.
For a comfortable stay under the blue blue sky, the swing has a protective mosquito net to keep pesky critters away from your infant. Fortunately, the aluminum construction is quite lightweight so you shouldn’t have much trouble with taking it from room to room.
- low and calming speed settings
- 10 preset lullabies, Bluetooth, and USB connectivity
- can be controlled via an IMD touch panel or remote
- timer settings for 8, 15, and 30 minutes
- non-slip grips to keep it steady on the floor
- removable mosquito net
- cozy, removable, and machine-washable seat cover
- adjustable 5-point harness
- compatible with an AC adapter and batteries
- easy to assemble
- 3 soft overhead toys to encourage play
- suitable for infants from birth to 8 months old (or babies below 24 lbs)